At its meeting on 9 December 2011 in New Delhi, the FIA General Assembly took in particular the following decisions as regards Karting:
International Karting Commission-FIA
On proposal of the World Motor Sport Council, the FIA General Assembly has designated the President, Vice-President and Members of the CIK for the coming year.
Shaikh Abdulla bin Isa Al Khalifa (BHR) has been renewed as President of the CIK and Mr Kees Van de Grint (NLD) as Vice-President. The following countries will be represented within the Commission: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States of America and Venezuela.
FIA International Sporting Code
Modifications to the International Sporting Code, proposed by the World Motor Sport Council for implementation as from 2012, were approved. In particular, the following amendments were made:
National Event (Article 18):
- The obligation to be holder of an international licence for any foreign Driver or Competitor participating in a national Karting Event entered on the calendar of an ASN, for which the said ASN authorises foreign participation.
- The obligation for licence holders entered in a national event to have obtained the authorisation of their own ASN.
- Foreign Competitors and Drivers cannot gain points in the rankings of national Championships and Series that they take part in.
Right of issuing licences (Article 110):
- Each ASN shall be entitled to issue licences to its nationals and, possibly, to the national of other countries represented on the FIA, in compliance to the existing statutory conditions, plus a new condition for Drivers aged less than 18 years, who must provide an attestation that they are in full-time education in the country where they apply for the licence.
Rules of Procedure for the FIA Anti-Doping Committee (ADC):
- In order to strengthen the ADC operation, in particular by increasing the number of its members and by clarifying certain rules of procedure, amendments to the Rules of Procedure have been adopted.
Judicial and Disciplinary Rules
The General Assembly approved, for implementation as from 1st January 2012, a reduction of the appeal fee before the International Court of Appeal. The current fee is 12,000 euro, irrespective of costs. As an exception, the amount of the appeal fee for the Karting events is set at 6,000 euro, also irrespective of costs.