The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the governing body of world motor sport, is seeking for a Technical Coordinator for the International Karting Commission to work on a part-time basis (50%), under a consultant contract. This is a remote position.
Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) is the federation of the world’s leading motoring organisations and the governing body for world motor sport. The activities of the FIA cover two main pillars: mobility and sport.
On the sport side, the FIA administers the rules and regulations for the main international four-wheel motor sport disciplines. On the mobility side, the FIA represents the rights of motor sport organisations, motorists and travellers worldwide.
The International Karting Commission (CIK-FIA) is one of the FIA’s Sporting Commissions. The role of the CIK-FIA is to coordinate Karting-related activities around the world, in accordance with the principles enacted by the FIA.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Contact person for all technical questions/requests related to the CIK-FIA.
• Responsible for all CIK-FIA Technical and Homologation Regulations.
• Chair and secretariat of the Technical Working Group: drafting and follow-up of the Technical Regulations, implementation of the homologation procedures and technical checks.
• Attend all CIK-FIA events as the CIK-FIA Technical Delegate.
• Responsible for all the CIK-FIA technical/control equipment needed for each CIK-FIA event.
• Implement the pre-established control procedures; control adherence to the Technical Regulations; draft reports concerning the running of the events; make comments and proposals to the Technical Working Group.
• Responsible for the entire CIK-FIA Homologation Inspection procedure (dossiers and inspections; deal with laboratories regarding laboratory tests; tyre track tests).
• Follow-up and implementation of various technical projects.
• Master’s degree in engineering sciences.
• Familiarisation with AutoCAD.
• Professional experience in the field of motor sport, especially in Karting, would be desirable.
• Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English; preferably an additional foreign language.
If you are interested in this consultant contract, please send your application (CV + cover letter) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org