ROK Cup USA and Rotax MAX Challenge weekends.
With only one event remaining for MAXSpeed Entertainment this year, the largest karting promotion company in the world has begun focus on their 2017 season. The popular Florida Winter Tour will again kick off the karting season in January as dates for all six rounds are announced today. The back-to-back weekends will again feature ROK Cup USA and Rotax MAX Challenge classes for the third straight year, as MAXSpeed has found a successful formula to pay homage to Florida Winter Tour traditions.
“We have been working tirelessly on not only our 2016 events, but also our plans and schedule for 2017,” explains MAXSpeed Entertainment’s Race Promotion Director Garett Potter. “The 2017 Florida Winter Tour schedule closely resembles the past two years that have been under MAXSpeed’s direction. We will continue our partnership with ROK Cup USA, providing continuity and stability for our teams and drivers. Rotax MAX Challenge classes have run at the Florida Winter Tour since 2001, and always sees top drivers from all over the world.”
The 2017 Florida Winter Tour will open in January at Sunshine State mainstay Homestead Karting, located on the grounds of the Homestead-Miami Speedway. Track negotiations are still underway for the second round and will be announced in the coming weeks, however the February dates are firm. The series will then return to the picturesque Ocala Gran Prix in March for the third and final rounds to crown the 2017 Florida Winter Tour champions.
2017 Florida Winter Tour Schedule
- January 13-15, 2017 / Homestead Karting Homestead, Florida / ROK Cup USA
- January 20-22, 2017 / Homestead Karting Homestead, Florida / Rotax MAX Challenge
- February 10-12, 2017 / TBA TBA / ROK Cup USA
- February 17-19, 2017 / TBA TBA / Rotax MAX Challenge
- March 10-12, 2017 / Ocala Gran Prix Ocala, Florida / ROK Cup USA
- March 17-19, 2017 / Ocala Gran Prix Ocala, Florida / Rotax MAX Challenge