On the proposal of the WSK Promotion, validated by the International Karting Commission, it has been decided to change the format of its Competitions from 2016.
This is to increase the track time before the start of the Competition and facilitate testing and the development of equipment without requiring a prior trip. The savings may be substantial. This innovation will concern the CIK-FIA European Championships and World Championships and the CIK-FIA International Super Cup for KZ2.
2016 Race format
- On the Monday of the week preceding the Competition until Tuesday directly preceding the Competition, no driving will be allowed on the track in question.
- Wednesday and Thursday preceding the Competition will be spent on private testing under the responsibility of the organiser.
- The Administrative checks and scrutineering, including the marking of equipment (chassis, engine and tyres), will be held on Thursday afternoon (from 15:00).
- Friday: official Free Practice followed in the late afternoon by the Qualifying Practice.
- Saturday: warm-up, then the Qualifying Heats.
- Sunday: warm-up, more Qualifying Heats if necessary, Prefinals and Finals.
The Second Chance Heats are removed, and all categories will compete in two Prefinals, when there are more than 34 Drivers, of which the top 17 will qualify for the Finals.
In addition to those already awarded at the end of the Qualifying Heats and Finals, points will now be awarded for the Prefinals on the following scale:
1st 17 points, 2nd 16 points, 3rd 15 points, and so on to 17th.